Ingredients
1 zucchini (aka Italian squash)--a little over a cup grated
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar (the actual recipe called for over a cup!)
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup chopped walnuts (I just used a small bag that they sold at Ralphs)
optional: chocolate chips, raisins, nutmeg, whatever you want =)
Preheat oven to 325. Mix dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon). In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla together. Slowly add the dry ingredients. It'll be pretty thick at first. Add the grated zucchini (make sure not to strain them first!) and walnuts, mix well. The moisture from the zucchini should make it easier to mix. If you'd like, this is when you'd add the chocolate chips, raisins, whatever else. I tried one without and one with chocolate chips. I preferred without, but it's all preference right? Pour into a greased and lightly floured 8x4 bread pan. Bake abour 40-50 minutes or until inserted cake tester/toothpick comes out clean.
1 comment:
this I MUST try! I love bread!!
Post a Comment